The benefits of South African 100% natural merino wool, a naturally technical fiber is numerous; regulating body temperature and keeping the body dry, as moisture is naturally absorbed and released from clothing, resulting in less sweat retained on body and garment. The practical result being clothing that has no smell, is worn more and washed less, all thanks to the fibers outstanding properties of moisture wicking, temperature regulating. Merino wool fibers also react and adapt to temperature, keeping the body cool when the weather is hot and warm when the weather is cold, with the added benefit of UV protection when worn outdoors.
- South African mulesing-free merino wool is resourced from about 27,000 wool growers, many of them small family operations ensuring transparency and traceability across a wide range of positive environmental criteria. Currently wool accounts for about 1% of fiber and yarns used in the manufacturing of clothing, despite its many benefits including being sustainable and biodegradable.
- Merino wool is gentle to your skin and if you have sensitive skin, is an ideal material for you as it is soft against your body.
- South African mulesing-free merino wool lasts longer as merino wool garments can be used many more times than other fibers, especially when well cared for; resulting in less frequent laundry, as merino wools properties of odor and stain resistance leave the garment requiring washing less often. Merino wool is unique as it refreshes itself best in fresh air and only needs to be washed on short, low temperature wool cycles – providing us the ability to contribute and reduce the environment impacts from laundry.
- Merino wool fibers are of high quality, strong, durable, and recyclable. They contribute to biodiversity and being biodegradable merino wool can decompose back into the soil releasing valuable nutrients to mother earth. All of which contributes to a circular economy, further reducing the impact on our planet.
- Finally, when combined with TENCEL™ Lyocell, another sustainable biodegradable fiber, it becomes even stronger, loftier, warmer, with tougher seams while drying faster.